RY is designed to help at-risk youth to:
- Increase School Performance – grades, attendance, and credits earned.
- Increase Mood Management – depression, hopelessness, anxiety and anger.
- Decrease Drug Involvement – alcohol, marijuana and hard drug use, drug use control problems and adverse drug use consequences.
- Decrease Suicide Risk Factors – global suicide risk behaviors, ideation, threats, attempts and positive attitudes toward suicide.
- Increase Protective Factors – personal control, problem-solving and coping, and access to support.
When compared to a control group, major outcomes of the RY students showed significant improvements, particularly decreases in 3 risk factors and increases in 2 protective factors.
Please download the RY Stakeholder Brochure with further details, or see more RY results in The RY Program: An Overview (ppt).